- Provides greatly improved floor life and long-term performance
- Provides, non-dusting, spall-resistant surface
- Finished surface is uniform and doesn’t need to be painted.
- Smooth, dense surface resists penetration of grease and oil.
- Produces an easy-to-clean, low-maintenance floor which is resistant to most cleaners and surface scouring
- Color : 5
|Compressive Strength @ 28d||600 ksc|
The concrete should be allowed to stand after screeding and bull floating. This will give the bleed water time to come to the surface. The bleed water can be removed with a rubber hose by dragging it in a loop across the concrete surface or by allowing it to evaporate. Do not apply floor hardener into bleed water. If a harsh or low slump concrete mix is used do not delay application of floor hardener. Float the concrete immediately prior to floor hardener application to open the surface. Use a wood float or wood bull float for this.
The floor hardener should be applied in two steps, often referred to as “shakes”. Use a mechanical spreader or broadcast by hand approximately 3⁄4 of the required floor hardener evenly over the concrete
surface. Allow the floor hardener to absorb available moisture until it wets out thoroughly. After the floor hardener darkens uniformly it should be floated into the concrete surface with a wood hand or bull float. Apply the remaining of the floor hardener in a similar manner except at right angles to the first shake. Again allow the floor hardener to wet out thoroughly and then float it in using a wood hand or bull float. Avoid overworking the surface at this point to keep the floor hardener at the surface. Float the edges by hand using a wood hand float. A power float can also be used to float the floor hardener into the concrete surface; however, it is necessary to delay application until the concrete can support the power float and the operator.
- Medium duty 2-3 kg / sq.m.
- Heavy duty 3.5-5 kg / sq.m.
Non-Metallic Floor Hardener is a cementitious product. It should not be used in areas where exposure to acids or other chemicals which attack concrete can occur. Non-Metallic Floor Hardener is not recommended for use in areas subject to highly concentrated live loads, point impact loading or where steel-wheeled vehicles will be operated. Use Non Metallic Floor Hardener where were high impact and point loading will occur.
- Cement may cause injury to skin or eyes. Use of rubber gloves, dust masks, eye protection, and other safety equipmentis recommended
- If contact with eyes occurs, flush immediately and repeatedly with water, and then contact doctor immediately
- Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly after handling
- Keep out of reach of children