- Feather skimming, the flattest is only 0.3 mm.
- Enhancing smoothness of surface, no sand particle and hair crack.
- High bonding strength, hard and non-powdering surface.
- Multi-layer ability without peel off, provide highly bonding strength
- Low water absorption
- For skimming wall and ceiling
- For filling small bubbles in concrete surfaces, eliminating blemishes such as grooves, seams and rock pockets.
- To conceal small crack of traditional rendering
- Mix with Gypsum to plastering Gypsum wall (Interior only)
- Rendering light weight concrete or light weight block (Interior only)
- Stardard : ASTM C882
|Ratio by Weight||Weight||1 : 0.7||1 : 1|
|(Skim : Cement)||Volume||1 : 0.9|
|Setting Time||5 hr 10 min|
|Initial Setting Time||1 hr 50 min|
|Final Setting Time||8 hr 10 min||3 hr 30 min|
|ASTM C109||>20 N/mm2||>8 N/mm2|
|28 days||>25 N/mm2||>12 N/mm2|
|ASTM C348||>5.5 N/mm2||>3 N/mm2|
|@ 28 days|
|Direct Pullout||>0.70 N/mm2||>0.58 N/mm2|
|28 days||>1.20 N/mm2||>0.70 N/mm2|
|Bond Strength By Slant Shear|
|(ASTM C882)||>8 N/mm2||>6.6 N/mm2|
|28 days||>11 N/mm2||>7.10 N/mm2|
|Shrinkage||>0.10 N/mm2||>0.10 N/mm2|
Note: MPa = 1 N/mm2 ~ 10.2 ksc ~ 145 psi (derived from laboratory tests.
Actual results will vary with field conditions.)
All supporting surfaces shall be structurally sound, solid, and free of movement and well bonded. Over plus and seams must be struck off. Thoroughly clean the surface of any foreign materials, lightly rough the surface with a cleaning pad to remove any remaining dirt before trowelling.
Proportion of Mixing
Mix Crocodile Skim Coat 101 1 part with cement (white or grey) or gypsum 1 part until the compound is evenly distributed. Do not add water to Crocodile Skim Coat 101.
0.7 kg / m2 (thickness 1 mm.)
Apply the mixture with a stainless steel filling knife or trowel on the soaking surface. The first coating is to eliminate concrete bubble and small crack. Depending on the desired finish, one or more coats may be applied (Allow 25-45 mins between each coat). Allow a minimum of 1-2 days curing (depending on the thickness and atmospheric conditions) before applying a covering material. The surface can be rubbed by sand paper to increase the smoothness. Vacuum or brush dust from the wall or ceiling and wipe lightly with a damp cloth or sponge to remove all dust from the surface before priming and painting.The finishing color depend on mixing material (Grey/White).
- Paste may cause injury to skin or eyes. Use of rubber gloves, dust masks, eye protection, and other safety equipment is recommended.
- If contact with eyes occurs, flush immediately and repeatedly with water, and then contact doctor immediately.
- Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Keep out of reach of children
It should be kept in a dry place and the temperature is not too high to avoid product’s degradation. Age of product is 1 year.